Green and the 2012 Election
Four years ago, green issues were central to the 2008 campaign. An Inconvenient Truth won the Oscar. GOP nominee John McCain promoted his own Cap and Trade plan. Soon-to-be President Obama made Green Jobs his program’s centerpiece.
Flash forward, 2012. The economy and jobs take center stage; the environment takes a back seat. Energy independence is supported; how we get there is debated. Voters care less about climate change; the planet is still warming. Join us for a provocative discussion on environmental policy and politics from both sides of the aisle.
Thursday, June 14, 2012, 5:45 pm
REGISTER NOW: http://bit.ly/KapMHE
• Ellis Henican, Newsday Columnist and Political Analyst on Fox News Channel. Raised in New Orleans, Ellis co-authored Home Team with Saints’ Coach Sean Payton on the post-Katrina city and Super Bowl Champs.
• Christine Todd Whitman, Former NJ Governor, EPA Administrator under George W. Bush, President of the Whitman Strategy Group, a consulting firm specializing in energy and environmental issues.
• Scott Stringer, Manhattan Borough President, where he has helped to organize a statewide moratorium on hydraulic fracturing, grassroots efforts on environmental health, and efforts shaping food policies.
• Yetsuh Frank, Director, YR&G Sustainability Consulting, providing technical and strategic sustainability services to companies, communities and building projects all over the world.
Agenda, Thursday, June 14, 2012, 5:45 pm
• 5:45 - 6:15pm Doors Open and Early Networking
• 6:20 - 8:00pm Program
• 8:00 - 9:30pm Reception and Networking
Please be seated by 6:15 pm. The program will start at 6:20 sharp!
300 Madison Avenue, PwC Auditorium (SW Corner of 42nd Street)
$25 for CBSACNY, MCC Members & Students; $40 for non-members; $60 at the door
MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN Season 3 Certificate Program on Sustainable Business
Attend four out of six events through June 2012 and earn a Certificate. This is the final event for Season 3. Stay tuned for Season 4, beginning in the fall!
For more information: www.cbsacny.org or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us and the MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN series on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/CBSACNY_SBC #MGFG and the club on Facebook at http://facebook.com/ColumbiaBusinessSchoolAlumniClubofNY
NON-MEMBERS and WALK-INS WELCOME (photo ID required)
Many thanks to PwC, our MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN Season 3 sponsor, for hosting the event series.
Thanks to McLaren Engineering Group for hosting Sustainable Business Committee meetings and to
Manhattan Chamber of Commerce and At Your Service Catering for their support.