Brisbane, QLD — The Necessary Transition 2012 conference will discuss the many transitions taking place: from high to low carbon economies, from gross inequality to egalitarianism, from massive human rights abuses to socially just societies, and from high corruption to societies with high social cohesion and integrity.
The conference will bring together leading international researchers and practitioners to share their knowledge and expertise, and offer answers to many of the pressing questions that must be addressed in the journey towards a sustainable enterprise economy.
The conference will be held over three days:
- 26 September 2012 – Research Symposium (call for papers)
- 27 September 2012– Management Education for the 21st Century: Australia New Zealand Annual PRME Network Forum
- 28 September 2012: Transitioning to the Sustainable Enterprise Economy.
Keynote addresses will be heard from:
- Eve Annecke, Co-founder of the Lynedoch EcoVillage, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Steve Killelea AM, Founder, Global Peace Index
- Sara Parkin OBE, Founding Director, Forum for the Future
- Doug Ritchie, CEO, Rio Tinto Energy
- Mark Swilling, Founding Director, Sustainability Institute, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
For more information on the conference, call for papers, speakers and more, please see the conference website
Contact InformationCompany: Griffith University
Name: Liesl Larsen
Phone: +61(7) 3735 3246
Website: The Necessary Transition 2012