Overview: VERGE conferences bring together corporate leaders, industry experts and entrepreneurs at the convergence of energy, IT, buildings, and transportation technologies. VERGE technologies will radically improve efficiencies and yield a new generation of smarter, innovative products and services.
Audience: Participants will be senior executives from large companies representing functions such as sustainability, building and energy management, facilities, IT, fleets & logistics, corporate financing, as well as thought leaders from government & policy, NGOs and think tanks.
Program: This isn’t your typical talking-head event. VERGE promises fresh perspectives on the innovative ideas and enabling technologies shaping our future. The conference program feature three types of sessions:
- Keynote Interviews & Panels — Moderated interviews and discussions with CEOs, business leaders, and other leading figures.
- One Great Idea — Individual, 10-minute presentations (à la TED Talks) by innovators sharing a breakthrough, achievement, insight or other “great idea” that is as inspiring as it is informative (and maybe a little entertaining).
- Breakouts — Small, interactive sessions that take deeper dives into practical applications, case studies, and tangible leadership skills. Breakout speakers come from a range of disciplines and are experts in their respective field.
Program topics span business disciplines and VERGE domains:
- M2M / Internet of Things: Wireless communications and embedded intelligence connect billions of devices to monitor and manage energy use
- Smarter Supply Chains: Data-sharing and new technologies to create competitive global supply chains
- Future Cities: Innovative financing, technology enablers, public-private partnerships, platforms for sustainability strategies
- Next-Gen Buildings: Automation systems, embedded sensors, advanced lighting, demand response, data transparency
- Data: How big data, advanced computing power, and analytics create actionable insight
- New Energy Systems: Cloud-based IT processes, corporate energy management for facilities and data centers, integrating renewables & distributed generation
- Intelligent Transportation: Connected vehicles, fleet management and logistics, sustainable mobility
Who we want: While we are open to speakers from all disciplines, backgrounds, and perspectives, we give high priority to senior executives from large companies — that is, to people who mirror our primary audience. We are less interested in consultants, marketing gurus, or other service providers. We also give preference to speakers who can attend most or all of the event, as opposed to those who parachute in and out.
Submissions: Please fill out the form below and we will contact you if we are interested in more information. We encourage you to submit your proposal early, as speaking slots do fill up very quickly.
Deadline to submit speaker nominations:
VERGE Boston (May 13-14): February 28, 2013
VERGE San Francisco (Oct. 14-17): June 15, 2013
To learn more about VERGE, please vist www.greenbiz.com/topic/verge. For more information, please contact Shana Rappaport, Director of Engagement, VERGE, at (510) 740-2365 or email@example.com.
* Indicates required field.