The Executive Network is a membership-based, peer-to-peer learning forum for sustainability executives from the world’s largest companies. Its unique combination of expertly facilitated meetings and resource sharing enables members to benefit from the insights of their peers across a range of topics and sectors.
Benefits and Features
The GreenBiz Executive Network provides you with the best current thinking on green and sustainability in the corporate setting. You’ll gain actionable insights, with a focus on competitive advantages, leadership strategies, and trusted knowledge.
Membership in the GreenBiz Leadership Network provides you with:
- Focused research, integrating leading practices from members to discover what “best” looks like for your company
- Members-only events held regularly, both in-person, and via remote conferencing
- Participation in a vital global network of peers, learning what others like you know instead of what those on the sidelines feel is important
Join with your peers from across a wide range of business sectors in their efforts to learn from one another’s experience and expertise.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Should Join? The GreenBiz Executive Network (GBEN) has been developed to provide an opportunity for green executives and professionals to meet with peers to gain guidance and insight for better decision-making. GBEN members are those responsible for taking their company’s sustainability efforts to a higher level of performance.
- Is membership open to anyone? GBEN members are typically executives responsible for their company’s sustainability and environmental programs. Members represent corporations with revenues greater than $1 billion. Membership is currently not available to service providers, universities, NGO’s, or the media.
- What kinds of companies should participate? GBEN membership includes both learning and leadership companies from across a wide range of business sectors, and includes some of the world’s leading companies and brands. Extending membership to a broad range of companies fosters innovation and provides insights and perspectives on sustainability as a competitive advantage.
- What are the benefits of joining? Unlike traditional industry events, member meetings are designed to be participative, member-led, and highly interactive. GBEN provides you with the best current thinking on green and sustainability in the corporate setting. The topics, research, and activities undertaken by the network are determined by the members themselves, based on their questions, interests, and needs.
- What do members find most useful? In-person meetings consistently receive the highest ratings. Members also prefer the way in which the teleconferences focus on a specific departmental theme (such as purchasing or IT) and the ability to have an unlimited number of their associates participate in the teleconferences. Member-led research, access to the member directory, and facilitated outreach to get immediate feedback to member questions are also highly rated.
- What kind of commitments are members expected to make? GBEN meetings provide a forum for executive members to discuss strategies and leadership issues with their peers. GBEN events are held in-person twice a year, with locations varying from meeting to meeting. Members are encouraged to be active participants in all GBEN activities in order to get the most value from the network.