Calif. Company Offers Homeowners Solar Option
The company partnered with Sun Run Generation LLC to start a program allowing homeowners in Yolo, Placer and El Dorado counties the option of power their electricity with a solar energy system.
The installations will cost less than conventional power without the responsibility of monitoring and maintaining it. Homeowners only pay for the energy they use but must pay a low upfront cost.
"We've already have two residential customers participating in the new program.", said Carl Marino, Premier Power residential sales manager. "This new program make sense for residential customers -- it gives them the opportunity to get solar at a lower upfront cost."
First, interested homeowners must be assessed to determine whether they are good candidates for the program based on electricity bill and location feasibility. The design, construction, testing and grid connection process takes between one and three months.
Premier Power will maintain the PV system which, over a 20-year lifetime, can face issues related to brid refuse, tree leaves, vegetation and inverter problems.
If a homeowner decides to move, they can reassign the contract to the new homeowner, pre-pay the agreement and wrap the value of free future power into the purchase of the home or pay the company to move the system.
A biogas process being used in Turkey reduces plant operations while providing potato farmers with more sustainable soil nutrients. Read more
The sixth annual edition of research has been expanded to include data on 1,600 companies worldwide, as well as on the U.S.-based S&P 500. Find out where the world of sustainable business is headed -- and the leading indicators of future progress.
Read the stories and download the report.
Latest white papers from our sponsors:
- Your Job, Your Employer and the Environment: A Survey of the American Worker 2013
- Selecting An EMIS Top 10
- EHS Management Information Systems (EMIS) - Getting Started
- EMIS Design
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Data Management in a Post Merger and Acquisition Environment
- E2's EMIS Return on Investment (ROI) Approach
- A Tactical and Practical Approach (TAPA) to Developing a Defensible and Manageable Sustainability Program
- Who Should Implement Your EMIS Software
- Why create an EMIS Strategic Plan?
- Automating Global Regulatory Compliance
- Build vs. Buy
- Why do I need a consultant to design my solution?
- CSR Game-Changers: ESG Metadata and Materiality Assessments
- Getting Materiality Right
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Sustainability Software