VERGE SF - Oct 27-30
» Distributed Energy Systems
» Smarter Supply Chains
» Next-Gen Buildings
Early-Bird Rates End Sep 20th -- Save 30%
Calif. Company Offers Homeowners Solar Option
The company partnered with Sun Run Generation LLC to start a program allowing homeowners in Yolo, Placer and El Dorado counties the option of power their electricity with a solar energy system.
The installations will cost less than conventional power without the responsibility of monitoring and maintaining it. Homeowners only pay for the energy they use but must pay a low upfront cost.
"We've already have two residential customers participating in the new program.", said Carl Marino, Premier Power residential sales manager. "This new program make sense for residential customers -- it gives them the opportunity to get solar at a lower upfront cost."
First, interested homeowners must be assessed to determine whether they are good candidates for the program based on electricity bill and location feasibility. The design, construction, testing and grid connection process takes between one and three months.
Premier Power will maintain the PV system which, over a 20-year lifetime, can face issues related to brid refuse, tree leaves, vegetation and inverter problems.
If a homeowner decides to move, they can reassign the contract to the new homeowner, pre-pay the agreement and wrap the value of free future power into the purchase of the home or pay the company to move the system.
You'll find strong evidence that green building has crossed a critical threshold, which begs the question of what comes next. Read more
Latest white papers from our sponsors:
- New Scope 2 Accounting Guidance: What it means for corporate decisions to purchase environmental instruments
- Energy Project Financing Cheat Sheet
- Addressing Transparency Expectations in the Metals and Mining Sector
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits & Upgrades
- Open Standards-Driven Wireless Building Energy Management
- Mack Technologies Achieves Unprecedented Wireless Control
- 14 Strategies to Save up to 70% in Energy Costs Using the Latest in Warehouse Lighting...and More
- Turning Title 24 Regulations into Smart Savings
- Unlocking ROI+: Understanding the Complete Return on Smart Building Investments
- Verifying Environmental Sustainability in the Electronics Marketplace
- A Benchmark Study of Current Practices and Tools for Sustainability
- Increasing Transparency of Environment and Health Claims for Cleaning Products
- How HP Achieves Leadership in Sustainable Product Footprinting at a Fraction of the Cost
- Creating Healthier Furniture and Building Materials by Minimizing Chemical Emissions
- Driving Performance and Transparency in Green Building Products
- Transparency and the Role of Environmental Product Declarations
- The Product Mindset
- Can You Save Millions with Sustainable Packaging Design?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Sustainability Software