VERGE SF - Oct 27-30
» Distributed Energy Systems
» Smarter Supply Chains
» Next-Gen Buildings
Early-Bird Rates End Sep 20th -- Save 30%
Fisker Automotive Announces New Luxury Plug-In Hybrid
Fisker Coachbuild LLC and Quantum Technologies have teamed to form Fisker Automotive Inc. The newly created company plans to debut its first production car at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show — a car that it expects to reach an initial annual production of 15,000. The cars will cost under $100,000.
"We want people to drive beautiful fast cars that make environmental sense -- cars that are eco-chic and will have less of an impact on global warming," CEO Henrik Fisker said in a statement Wednesday.
Fisker designed the BMW Z8, Aston Martin DB9 and V8 Vantage, in addition to his newer Tramonto and Latigo CS models created through Fisker Coachbuild.
The new model will feature the Quantum Drive, a plug-in chassis layout.
"Our goal here is to deliver the advancement that Quantum Technologies has made in the area of plug-in hybrid technology," said Quantum Technologies CEO Alan Niedzwiecki. "By combining our efforts with the renowned design talent of Henrik Fisker, we can produce a car that makes a difference to the environment -- without sacrificing the luxury that accompanies the finest automobiles."
The announcement joins the growing drumbeat surrounding the auto industry's race to produce the next generation of hybrids. General Motors, Ford and Toyota are among the companies vying to bring mass-produced plug-in hybrids within the next few years.
You'll find strong evidence that green building has crossed a critical threshold, which begs the question of what comes next. Read more
Latest white papers from our sponsors:
- New Scope 2 Accounting Guidance: What it means for corporate decisions to purchase environmental instruments
- Energy Project Financing Cheat Sheet
- Addressing Transparency Expectations in the Metals and Mining Sector
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits & Upgrades
- Open Standards-Driven Wireless Building Energy Management
- Mack Technologies Achieves Unprecedented Wireless Control
- 14 Strategies to Save up to 70% in Energy Costs Using the Latest in Warehouse Lighting...and More
- Turning Title 24 Regulations into Smart Savings
- Unlocking ROI+: Understanding the Complete Return on Smart Building Investments
- Verifying Environmental Sustainability in the Electronics Marketplace
- A Benchmark Study of Current Practices and Tools for Sustainability
- Increasing Transparency of Environment and Health Claims for Cleaning Products
- How HP Achieves Leadership in Sustainable Product Footprinting at a Fraction of the Cost
- Creating Healthier Furniture and Building Materials by Minimizing Chemical Emissions
- Driving Performance and Transparency in Green Building Products
- Transparency and the Role of Environmental Product Declarations
- The Product Mindset
- Can You Save Millions with Sustainable Packaging Design?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Sustainability Software