Fisker Automotive Announces New Luxury Plug-In Hybrid
Fisker Coachbuild LLC and Quantum Technologies have teamed to form Fisker Automotive Inc. The newly created company plans to debut its first production car at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show — a car that it expects to reach an initial annual production of 15,000. The cars will cost under $100,000.
"We want people to drive beautiful fast cars that make environmental sense -- cars that are eco-chic and will have less of an impact on global warming," CEO Henrik Fisker said in a statement Wednesday.
Fisker designed the BMW Z8, Aston Martin DB9 and V8 Vantage, in addition to his newer Tramonto and Latigo CS models created through Fisker Coachbuild.
The new model will feature the Quantum Drive, a plug-in chassis layout.
"Our goal here is to deliver the advancement that Quantum Technologies has made in the area of plug-in hybrid technology," said Quantum Technologies CEO Alan Niedzwiecki. "By combining our efforts with the renowned design talent of Henrik Fisker, we can produce a car that makes a difference to the environment -- without sacrificing the luxury that accompanies the finest automobiles."
The announcement joins the growing drumbeat surrounding the auto industry's race to produce the next generation of hybrids. General Motors, Ford and Toyota are among the companies vying to bring mass-produced plug-in hybrids within the next few years.
A biogas process being used in Turkey reduces plant operations while providing potato farmers with more sustainable soil nutrients. Read more
The sixth annual edition of research has been expanded to include data on 1,600 companies worldwide, as well as on the U.S.-based S&P 500. Find out where the world of sustainable business is headed -- and the leading indicators of future progress.
Read the stories and download the report.
Latest white papers from our sponsors:
- Your Job, Your Employer and the Environment: A Survey of the American Worker 2013
- Selecting An EMIS Top 10
- EHS Management Information Systems (EMIS) - Getting Started
- EMIS Design
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Data Management in a Post Merger and Acquisition Environment
- E2's EMIS Return on Investment (ROI) Approach
- A Tactical and Practical Approach (TAPA) to Developing a Defensible and Manageable Sustainability Program
- Who Should Implement Your EMIS Software
- Why create an EMIS Strategic Plan?
- Automating Global Regulatory Compliance
- Build vs. Buy
- Why do I need a consultant to design my solution?
- CSR Game-Changers: ESG Metadata and Materiality Assessments
- Getting Materiality Right
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Sustainability Software