Skanska USA Takes First Place in Green Contractors Survey
Companies that made the top ten of the survey are the Turner Corporation, Bovis Lend Lease, Swinerton, DPR Construction, Hunt Construction Group, Gilbane Building Company, Hathaway Dinwiddie Construction, William A. Berry & Son, and Clayco.
"We are delighted to have ranked number one in this survey," said Elizabeth Heider, a senior vice president at Skanska and chair of the company's Green Council. "We are continuously improving fundamentals in the green services we provide and the projects we build in the U.S. and globally. Caring for the environment is one of Skanska's four core values. We are constantly looking for opportunities to leverage our international expertise in sustainable construction to benefit the project teams and communities we serve."
Skanska USA Building was the first construction management firm to have all of its environmental management systems registered to the ISO 14001 standard, and the company also built the first LEED Gold hospital in the U.S. at Providence Newberg Medical Center in Newberg, Ore. Skanska has built many other LEED-certified projects, including the LEED Gold Waterfront Technology Center in Camden, New Jersey, and the first LEED Certified airport terminal in the U.S.: Delta Air Lines' Terminal A at Boston's Logan International Airport.
A biogas process being used in Turkey reduces plant operations while providing potato farmers with more sustainable soil nutrients. Read more
The sixth annual edition of research has been expanded to include data on 1,600 companies worldwide, as well as on the U.S.-based S&P 500. Find out where the world of sustainable business is headed -- and the leading indicators of future progress.
Read the stories and download the report.
Latest white papers from our sponsors:
- Your Job, Your Employer and the Environment: A Survey of the American Worker 2013
- Selecting An EMIS Top 10
- EHS Management Information Systems (EMIS) - Getting Started
- EMIS Design
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Data Management in a Post Merger and Acquisition Environment
- E2's EMIS Return on Investment (ROI) Approach
- A Tactical and Practical Approach (TAPA) to Developing a Defensible and Manageable Sustainability Program
- Who Should Implement Your EMIS Software
- Why create an EMIS Strategic Plan?
- Automating Global Regulatory Compliance
- Build vs. Buy
- Why do I need a consultant to design my solution?
- CSR Game-Changers: ESG Metadata and Materiality Assessments
- Getting Materiality Right
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Sustainability Software