OAKLAND, CA — What happens when the world's leading companies, policy makers and thought leaders come together across three continents to discuss the next great wave of business innovation? GreenBiz Group calls this VERGE -- the convergence of energy, information, building and vehicle technologies.
A hand-picked group of private- and public-sector leaders, and investors from around the world will gather for GreenBiz Group's inaugural series of three high-level VERGE summits: They begin in London and Shanghai on June 21 and culminate in San Francisco on June 22.
GreenBiz will live cast all three events in an interactive virtual environment to a global audience. Times and further summit details are available www.greenbiz.com/verge11.
VERGE is expected to:
- Open new opportunities for global business
- Create new products and services, improve resource efficiency and promote sustainability
- Help reimagine our companies, cities, communities and households over the next generation
The summits will help participants:
- Learn about the converging technologies and the new wave of innovation that results.
- Discover the opportunities for technology companies, as well as others ventures that provide related products and services.
- Understand the changes VERGE will bring to business strategy and operations.
Supported by IBM, PricewaterhouseCoopers, SAP, Eaton and Autodesk, the VERGE summits will both define and accelerate business opportunities that result from a convergence of energy, information, building, and vehicle technology sectors.
"VERGE represents the most positive and powerful trend in technology today that stands to transform business as it creates radical efficiency across the economy," said Joel Makower, chairman and executive editor of GreenBiz Group, Inc. "Now, some of the world's brightest minds will come together to map out what the future will look like and how it will transform how we live, work, shop, travel, and play."
"By deepening connections in our increasingly interconnected planet, VERGE has the potential to break down organizational silos and help us all innovate toward a smarter, more efficient future," said David Bartlett, vice president of Industry Solutions, IBM Software. "We're eager to explore the new markets and new ways to preserve resources."
The tri-continent VERGE summits will launch a series of new industry research, global events and other forums that are designed to help companies, policymakers and others capitalize on the concepts introduced at the VERGE events.