- Make the case for taking action. This includes suggestions on how to secure support from employees and senior management.
- Understand what a CO2 inventory is, why it is important, and how to plan yours.
- Learn what data to collect to calculate emissions with the help of easy-to-use Microsoft Excel spreadsheets designed specifically for office-based organizations.
- Set an emissions-reduction target and take action to reduce emissions and save money. This includes suggestions on how to improve an office’s energy use.
- Report efforts publicly to provide leadership practices to other companies.
"Working 9-to-5 on Climate Change" draws on the experiences and lessons learned by the World Resources Institute in its own institutional commitment to reduce its CO2 emissions to net-zero. The publication also builds on and is consistent with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, an international standard for measuring and reporting greenhouse gas emissions developed through a multi-stakeholder process led by the World Resources Institute and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development.