The greening of information technology (IT) offers numerous ways for companies to significantly improve the bottom line, whether through energy efficiency of computers and printers via power management, smart e-waste or asset management, or greening data centers with virtualization or cloud computing.
Cheryl Martin, deputy director of the Advanced Research Project Agency-Energy talks energy innovation at the 2013 VERGE conference in Boston.
- Patagonia's new VC fund to invest in trailblazing green firms
- Solar power finally makes more energy than it uses
- Unilever's sustainability program saves $395M since 2008
- BMW and Fiat reduce EV range anxiety with loaner gas cars
- Is GE now the world's top turbine maker?
Over time, the company's IntelliCommand solution will become an integral component of its professional services.
- VERGE Boston: M2M's 'huge leap forward' on energy savings
- Enlighted raises $20M to expand energy-efficient office tech
- What it takes to change all the lights in New York City
- Volvo puts trucks on autopilot
- Energy efficiency finds its cell phone: Part II
The latest annual ranking of the global brands with the most environmental appeal is just out. Here's the inside story about who's on top, and why. Read more
The sixth annual edition of research has been expanded to include data on 1,600 companies worldwide, as well as on the U.S.-based S&P 500. Find out where the world of sustainable business is headed -- and the leading indicators of future progress.
Read the stories and download the report.