The greening of information technology (IT) offers numerous ways for companies to significantly improve the bottom line, whether through energy efficiency of computers and printers via power management, smart e-waste or asset management, or greening data centers with virtualization or cloud computing.
- Apple, Facebook and Google win praise for working to green the Internet. Yet Twitter, Amazon Web Services are failing to take "meaningful steps."
The Fish 2.0 competition matches social entrepreneurs with investors in an effort to improve ocean sustainability.
- Behind IKEA's coast-to-coast push for solar
- VERGE Boston: How ARPA-E creates the future of energy
- Patagonia's new VC fund to invest in trailblazing green firms
- Solar power finally makes more energy than it uses
- Unilever's sustainability program saves $395M since 2008
Del Monte Foods is embracing food metrics for its growers.
- 5 ways utilities fight peak summer heat
- Jones Lang LaSalle's early M2M success story
- VERGE Boston: M2M's 'huge leap forward' on energy savings
- Enlighted raises $20M to expand energy-efficient office tech
- What it takes to change all the lights in New York City
What happens when one of the world’s greener, smarter cities meets the hyper-connected world? We’re about to find out. Read more