This section covers the business of energy and climate. We examine the latest trends in climate change and business sustainability in four sections: climate, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and cleantech. Articles focus on greenhouse gas emissions, business sustainability and carbon emissions trading.
- It's a research-heavy week here at ICYMI HQ, with studies detailing everything from profiles of ESG professionals to solutions for sustainable cities.
Cheryl Martin, deputy director of the Advanced Research Project Agency-Energy talks energy innovation at the 2013 VERGE conference in Boston.
- Patagonia's new VC fund to invest in trailblazing green firms
- Solar power finally makes more energy than it uses
- Unilever's sustainability program saves $395M since 2008
- BMW and Fiat reduce EV range anxiety with loaner gas cars
- Is GE now the world's top turbine maker?
New technologies that enable billions of devices to collect and analyze data can help systems operate with startling efficiency.
- Enlighted raises $20M to expand energy-efficient office tech
- What it takes to change all the lights in New York City
- Volvo puts trucks on autopilot
- Energy efficiency finds its cell phone: Part II
- House Democrats release energy app
Just about every corporate sustainability pro is tweeting these days. We've done some analysis of who's actually getting their message across. Read more
The sixth annual edition of research has been expanded to include data on 1,600 companies worldwide, as well as on the U.S.-based S&P 500. Find out where the world of sustainable business is headed -- and the leading indicators of future progress.
Read the stories and download the report.