Thursday, February 4, 2010
|8:00 - 9:00||
WelcomeJoel Makower, Executive Editor, GreenBiz.com
Jan Berman, Senior Director, Customer Energy Efficiency, PG&E
State of Green Business 2010
GreenBiz.com Executive Editor Joel Makower presents the trends and metrics on the greening of Corporate America, from the 2010 State of Green Business report
Spotlight: Carl Bass, CEO, Autodesk, in conversation with Marc Gunther
Panel: When Green Biz Meets Cleantech
It used to be that green business and clean technology were separate realms. No longer. Today, the two are converging, as global companies and start-ups alike are harnessing clean technology as the foundation for a new generation of green business opportunities. The result are some unlikely corporate players and alliances. Hear from old-line companies that are viewing new business opportunities from clean tech.
Moderator: Marc Gunther, Senior Contributor, GreenBiz.comLynelle Cameron, Director of Sustainability, Autodesk
Rick Rommel, Senior Vice President of Emerging Business, Best Buy Co.
Kevin Surace, CEO, Serious Materials
Spotlight: Van Jones, in conversation with Joel MakowerVia Telepresence
Panel: Green Marketing in the Age of Transparency
In a world in which vast amounts of information are available about companies and products, the rules of green marketing have changed. It’s no longer just about making claims and sporting logos. Today, companies must respond to green ratings and rankings from websites, media companies, nonprofit organizations, and big players like Walmart. In a world where consumers have unparalleled access to data about products and companies, how does a company truly be seen as green?
Moderator: Joel Makower, Executive Editor, GreenBiz.com
Panel: Carbon Management After Copenhagen
How are companies considering carbon now that the Copenhagen summit is behind us? Did the event herald a new era of corporate carbon accounting, or will it be business as usual? Hear how companies are viewing carbon as a strategic issue, implementing sophisticated new accounting schemes, realigning their products and processes, and preparing to compete in a low-carbon economy.
Moderator: Marc Gunther, Senior Contributor, GreenBiz.com
Spotlight: Being Honest With Ourselves: Putting Numbers Behind Green BusinessSaul Griffith, Co-founder, Wattzon; Co-Founder, Makani Power; Co-Founder Optiopia, and more
Spotlight: Hacking the Earth without Voiding its WarrantyJamais Cascio, Senior Fellow at the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies; co-founder Worldchanging.com
Spotlight: The Green Business Opportunity in ChinaPeggy Liu, Chairperson, Joint US-China Collaboration on Clean Energy
Panel: Can IT Solve World's Problems?
The information technology sector is responsible for 2% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions, but its impact on the other 98% is growing rapidly. Hardware, software, and service providers are creating new products and services that are enabling both large and small companies to better measure and manage their environmental impacts, as well as to create new business opportunities. Hear from leading IT companies on the front lines of this revolution.
Moderator: John Davies, Vice President, GreenBiz Intelligence, Greener World MediaScott Bolick, Vice President, SAP Sustainability, SAP Labs
Rich Lechner, Vice President, Energy & Environment, IBM
Lorie Wigle, General Manager, Eco-Technology Program Office, and President, Climate Savers Computing Initiative, Intel Corporation.
Rob Bernard, Chief Environmental Strategist, Microsoft