Episode 100: 'Retuning' our mindsets; charging up better storage
Week in Review
Tune in 7:35 around for a weekly roundup of news.
1. Betting on Bonn (14:35)
COP23 officially kicked off this week in Bonn, Germany. Representatives from governments (except the U.S.) and the private sector (U.S. companies say #WeAreStillIn) will convene to implement rules on the Paris Agreement, create a five-year cycle to track progress and to study market-based contributions. Valerie Smith, director and global head of corporate sustainability at Citi, chatted with Heather Clancy before boarding a plane to Germany about her expectations and what she hopes to accomplish at the conference.2. Botswana bonanza (22:10)
Joel Makower spent last week in Botswana, where he attended De Beers' diamond conference and co-hosted a panel on how the industry helped facilitate the country's economic development. Here is a collection of voices from the field, from mining to midstream to market.
- Jean-Marc Leiderherr, CEO, Diamond Producers Association (24:20)
- Peter Jin Hong, UX innovation expert, Google (30:35)
- David Prager exec VP corporate affairs at De Beers Group 39:10
What's new at GreenBiz?
News, events, webcasts — the list goes on. Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest in sustainability by keeping up with GreenBiz.
• Save the date for GreenBiz 18, Feb. 6-8 in Phoenix, Arizona.
• Check out Center Stage, our new podcast, which features the best of live interviews on sustainable business and clean technology, conducted on stage at GreenBiz and VERGE conferences.
To make sure you don't miss the newest episodes of GreenBiz 350, subscribe on iTunes.
Have a question or suggestion for a future segment? E-mail us at [email protected].