Episode 110: Whirlpool spins cleanup plans; NRG's city leadership
Week in Review
Tune in around 3:05 for a weekly roundup of news.
1. Powering successful cities (23:10)
Dylan Siegler, a sustainability specialist with NRG Energy, dishes on the company's new white paper, "Powering Sustainable Cities: Key Trends and Pathways to Success for City Leaders." Learn how cities can address climate goals while cutting costs, securing resilience and improving the quality of life for all residents.
2. Redefining retirement funds (31:50)
A new World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) initiative aims to move $10 billion in retirement assets under management of its member companies to environmental, social and governance-themed retirement benefit accounts by 2020. Alexander Bernhardt, principal and head of responsible investment at Mercer, discusses why more companies should pay attention to "Why it's time to align retirement funds with sustainability goals."
3. Going waste-free at GreenBiz 18 (42:25)
Our beloved GreenBiz conference director and "wizardess behind the curtain," Ellie Buechner, takes us behind the scenes about what it takes to create a completely zero-waste conference.
What's new at GreenBiz?
News, events, webcasts — the list goes on. Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest in sustainability by keeping up with GreenBiz.
• We'll see you next week at GreenBiz 18, the premier annual event for sustainable business leaders, Feb. 6-8 at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge in Phoenix, Arizona. Can't make it there? Register to stream the free virtual event.
• Check out Center Stage, our new podcast, which features the best of live interviews on sustainable business and clean technology, conducted on stage at GreenBiz and VERGE conferences.
To make sure you don't miss the newest episodes of GreenBiz 350, subscribe on iTunes.
Have a question or suggestion for a future segment? E-mail us at [email protected].