Episode 120: Google's power play, Uber's bike bet, underground gardens
Week in Review
Tune in around 18:10 for a weekly roundup of news.
- Why PG&E, National Grid and Enel are charging up to power EVs
- How Google and Walmart work with utilities to procure clean power
- Something delicious is growing in the "sustainability underground"
- Why Uber is buying e-bike sharing startup Jump Bikes
Urban design meets the future of mobility (45:49)
How will cities and streets look when vehicles are increasingly shared, automated and electric? In this segment featuring Gerry Tierney, associate principal of respected architecture firm Perkins+Will, we offer a glimpse into several projects, including ridesharing company Lyft's concept for redesigning the streets of Los Angeles.
What's new at GreenBiz?
News, events, webcasts — the list goes on. Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest in sustainability by keeping up with GreenBiz.
• Looking to change up your career? GreenBiz is hiring, and you can check out all the open positions here.
• Check out Center Stage, which features the best of live interviews on sustainable business and clean technology, conducted on stage at GreenBiz and VERGE conferences.
To make sure you don't miss the newest episodes of GreenBiz 350, subscribe on iTunes.
Have a question or suggestion for a future segment? E-mail us at [email protected].