Episode 126: United's biofuels mission, why it's time to bone up on 'emissionality'
Week in Review
Tune in around 4:25 for a weekly roundup of news.
- The corporate sustainability Twitterati 2018
- From additionality to ‘emissionality’: how companies can magnify their impact
- LEED must be updated to address climate change
- Here’s how to move LEED forward on climate change
- Why corporate tax savings should be held to a higher standard
Why United Airlines is high on biofuels (18:23)
The giant airline made history in 2016 with its launch of regularly scheduled flights out of Los Angeles that rely at least partially on sustainable alternatives to aviation fuel. Angela Foster-Rice, managing director of environmental affairs and sustainability, offers an update on the company's investments.
A reality check with 30 Under 30 honoree Jarami Bond (26:12)
The sustainability strategy manager for carpetmaker Interface reflects on how his priorities have changed over the past year since he was named to the 2017 GreenBiz 30 Under 30 list, why he's taking time to pause more often during his weekly routine and how he stays connected with other key managers across the company. His advice: Engage with empathy. The 2018 edition of the GreenBiz 30 Under 30 will be published June 4. Watch for it, and stay tuned for interview snippets with this year's cohort on Episode 127 of GreenBiz 350.
What's new at GreenBiz?
News, events, webcasts — the list goes on. Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest in sustainability by keeping up with GreenBiz.
• Don't miss our upcoming interactive webcast, highlighting a radical, industry-led experiment to make salmon fishing and farming more sustainable. "How Industry Collaboration Can Create a Sea Change in Ocean Sustainability," will feature insights from the Global Salmon Initiative, Cargill and WWF. Register here for the free, one-hour session at 1 p.m. ET June 5.
• Join us in Honolulu at VERGE Hawaii from June 12 to 14 to hobnob with major energy, transportation and economic stakeholders across the state and dive deep into technical, political and cultural solutions.
• Looking to change up your career? GreenBiz is hiring, and you can check out all the open positions here.
• Check out Center Stage, which features the best of live interviews on sustainable business and clean technology, conducted on stage at GreenBiz and VERGE conferences.
To make sure you don't miss the newest episodes of GreenBiz 350, subscribe on iTunes.
Have a question or suggestion for a future segment? E-mail us at [email protected].