Episode 142: Champions of clean energy equity, Land O'Lakes digs into stewardship
Week in Review
Tune in around 9:50 for a roundup of news.
- The case for valuing carbon is growing louder (even though tax is still a dirty word)
Championing an equitable transition: GRID Alternatives (22:05)
The GreenBiz team is committed to supporting clean-economy organizations that put access and equity at the center of their mission. Our inaugural Clean Energy Equity Showcase at VERGE 18 honors three Bay Area-based organizations doing exemplary work in this area. Starting with this episode, we’re featuring all three. Tune in to hear from Erica Mackie, co-founder and CEO of GRID Alternatives, the nation's largest non-profit solar installer.
Securing the world's water supply (35:15)
The technologies for addressing shortages, quality and sanitation are emerging and evolving quickly. What's needed are more public-private collaborations to put them to work. Callie Stinson, project lead of the water initiative for the World Economic Forum, offers ideas for turning awareness into action.
Land O'Lakes harvests sustainable farming insights (41:50)
Land O'Lakes Sustain, the agricultural cooperative's sustainability and environmental stewardship initiative, this week released a new digital platform called Truterra to help farmers advance and scale conservation techniques. Matt Carstens, senior vice president of Land O'Lakes Sustain, walks us through the potential applications.
What's new at GreenBiz?
News, events, webcasts — the list goes on. Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest in sustainability by keeping up with GreenBiz.
• Passion for the profession. As sustainability initiatives become more core to corporate strategies, the role of chief sustainability officers is evolving. Join GreenBiz Senior Analyst John Davies at 1 p.m. EST Oct. 2 for a free briefing on our biennial "State of the Profession" research, along with some career advice from insiders at Campbell Soup, Cargill and Weinreb Group.
• Think about energy holistically. Be among the first to share new findings and recommendations gleaned from joint research by GreenBiz Group and Siemens Building Technologies. Managers from Genentech and the University Health Network will share real-world insights. Register for this free interactive webcast at 1 p.m. EST Oct. 9.
• We've launched a new daily newsletter lineup! Monday's GreenBuzz and Wednesday's VERGE Weekly are essentially unchanged. But the lineup includes Transport Weekly (Tuesday), Energy Weekly (Thursday) and Circular Weekly (Friday). You must subscribe to each newsletter in order to receive it. Please visit this page to choose the newsletters you want to receive.
• Check out our Center Stage podcast, which features the best of live interviews on sustainable business and clean technology, conducted on stage at GreenBiz and VERGE conferences.
To make sure you don't miss the newest episodes of GreenBiz 350, subscribe on iTunes.
Have a question or suggestion for a future segment? E-mail us at [email protected].