This week's run time is 38:32.
WEEK IN REVIEW (4:45)
- Rivian's new chapter with Amazon officially begins
- Unlearning what we know about chemistry
- So you're the first sustainability hire. Now what?
Leadership Lessons: Bess Winston, The Winston Agency (17:40)
This spring, the WSLA Alumnae Group recognized 11 women at the forefront of the sustainability profession. These leaders have made a difference by advancing new technologies or strategies, by overcoming personal and professional obstacles and by committing to mentoring other women. Meet one of the 2022 honorees: Bess Winston, founder and owner of The Winston Agency, a strategic advocacy and communications firm in Washington, D.C.
Highlights from VERGE Electrify (23:55)
- Patti Poppe, CEO, PG&E — On the role of EVs in balancing the grid and how PG&E makes the business case for electrification
- Martin Heinrich, Senator, New Mexico — Electrification as a strategy for cutting off revenue for autocratic regimes
- Jigar Shah, Director, Loans Program Office, Department of Energy — Demystifying the concept of a green premium
- Saul Griffith, Founder, Rewiring America; Founder and Principal, Otherlab — How electrifications makes communities inflation-proof (IN)
*Music in this episode: Lee Rosevere: "And So Then," "Quirky Small Town Characters," "Quizitive,”" "I’m Going for a Coffee," "Let That Sink In."