This week's run time is 28:46.
WEEK IN REVIEW (11:10)
Featuring highlights from the keynote stage of VERGE 22.
- Sweta Chakraborty, president, We Don't Have Time — The dual crisis of communications and climate
- Christina Figueres, founding partner, Global Optimism — The concept of deep listening
- Alexandria Villasenor, co-founder, U.S. Youth Climate Strike — Why companies need to ditch the politics of professionals
- Charisma Acey, associate professor, U.C. Berkeley — The inequity of climate research
- Dawn Wright, chief scientist, Esri — What’s the outlook for deep-sea mining?
- 'Aulani Wilhelm, assistant director for ocean conservation, climate and equity, Office of Science and Technology Policy, Executive Office of the President — Why we need to step up research about the ocean’s deepest depths
*Music in this episode: "And So Then" and "Southside"