Episode 58: Our predictions for 2017 and Years of Living Dangerously
Welcome back! We're kicking off the first GreenBiz 350 podcast of 2017 with a jam-packed episode.
Click play on the track above to listen to get this week's news about sustainable business. You also can stream or download every episode on iTunes, Soundcloud and wherever else you listen to podcasts.
Follow along with the stories, companies and initiatives mentioned during the show with the liner notes below:
GreenBiz week in review
Tune in at 2:20 minutes for a weekly roundup of news.
- VERGE Year-End Series
- GreenBiz Executive Network Year-End Series
- Meet the Four Horsemen of the Climate Apocalypse, plus hear GreenBiz editor at large David Crane, Senior Operating Executive for Pegasus Capital Advisors and former CEO of NRG Energy, on the stark reality for action on climate change given Trump's cabinet appointments (8:40).
An in-depth look at two stories changing the game for green business.
How to revolutionize climate change storytelling (18:00)
GreenBiz Associate Editor Anya Khalamayzer discusses strategies for storytelling about climate change with Joel Bach, executive producer of the National Geographic show "Years of Living Dangerously."
Exit Interview: Mark Spears, Disney (44:00)
As he leaves the job, Mark Spears lets us in on a few lessons from his experience as director of sustainable business practices at Disney.
Pull out your calendars
Here's a quick run-down of our upcoming events for 2017:
- Jan. 31: State of Green Business report, our 10th annual
- Feb. 14-16: GreenBiz 17 in Phoenix
- May: Release of our Survey on Surveys and Reporting
- May/June: GreenBiz 30 Under 30
- June 20-22: VERGE Hawaii in Honolulu
- Sept. 18-21: VERGE 17 in Santa Clara, California
Have a question or suggestion for a future segment? E-mail us at [email protected].
Technical direction for GreenBiz 350 by Sureya Melkonian.