Episode 73: Toyota drives employee engagement; women combat climate change
Download: iTunes . Soundcloud
Week in Review
Tune in at 9:40 minutes for a weekly roundup of news.
- Even Rick Perry agrees: Clean power movement is unstoppable
- 'Drawdown' and global warming's hopeful new math
An in-depth look at two stories changing the game for green business.
Kering and Silicon Valley find a good fit in sustainable business (41:20)
The acclaimed fashion company behind Gucci and Saint Laurent teams with a startup accelerator to find the next big thing in circular, durable and decarbonized fashion.
5 companies that get what Earth Day really means (52:10)
Incremental progress is okay, but businesses such as Apple, DHL, Target, Toyota and Walmart are stepping up to truly move the needle on climate.
News, events, webcasts — the list goes on. Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest in sustainability by keeping up with GreenBiz.
• We've just commenced voting for VERGE Hawaii Accelerate, enabling you to check out and vote on the best 60-second pitch videos from our 20 semi-finalists. Your votes, open through April 30, will help determine which entrepreneurs get to pitch on the mainstage at VERGE Hawaii in June.
• The GreenBiz Intelligence Panel is the survey body we poll regularly throughout the year on key trends and developments in sustainability. To become part of the panel, click here. Enrolling is free and should take 2 minutes.
• Nominations for our 2017 "30 Under 30" are coming in at a great clip, but we're keen to make sure we cover all bases before the April 28 deadline. Know some up-and-coming talent in sustainable business? To qualify, the nominee cannot have reached his or her 30th birthday by June 5, 2017, when we plan to publish this year's list. Let us know who you think should be honored, and why (you can nominate yourself) via this brief submission form.
To make sure you don't miss the newest episodes of GreenBiz 350, subscribe on iTunes.
Have a question or suggestion for a future segment? E-mail us at [email protected].
Technical direction for GreenBiz 350 by Sureya Melkonian.
This episode was sponsored by NRG Energy. For more information go to www.nrg.com/greenbiz.