Episode 93: Embracing hope, converging on climate and circular thinking
An in-depth look at stories changing the game for business and sustainability, interspersed with music from DJ Spooky, who kept us dancing late into the night at our VERGE 17 event in Santa Clara, California.
1. Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance stands out (3:30)
400 renewable energy buyers and sellers came together during VERGE 17 to advance state-of-the-art innovations.
2. Voices of VERGE 17 (13:00)
3. Circular thinking moves the clean economy forward (29:20)
An update from the Circular Materials Summit, and Ashima Sukhdev, project manager at The Ellen MacArthur Foundation, talks about the value of keeping molecules in play.
3. Climbing towards the summit (32:30)
Shana Rappaport, VERGE director of engagement, discusses the value of convening summits that bring together the greatest minds and solutions-seekers in sustainability.
4. Flavor of the week (38:40)
A look at the important news from the other important sustainability conference that took place this week: Climate Week New York.
What's new at GreenBiz?
News, events, webcasts — the list goes on. Keep your finger on the pulse of the latest in sustainability by keeping up with GreenBiz.
• Illuminate the development of smart city street lighting from the project planning phase to inter-departmental workflow barriers, IT integration, technology selection and more. Sign up for our free webcast, "Intelligent Street Lights: The Right Foundation for Smart Cities" at 1 p.m. ET Sept. 26.
• The GreenBiz Intelligence Panel is the survey body we poll regularly throughout the year on key trends and developments in sustainability. To become part of the panel, click here. Enrolling is free and should take two minutes.
To make sure you don't miss the newest episodes of GreenBiz 350, subscribe on iTunes.
Have a question or suggestion for a future segment? E-mail us at [email protected].
Technical direction for GreenBiz 350 by Stephanie May Joyce.