Watch for the 2019 VERGE Vanguard report
Help us identify the courageous entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders shaping innovations in renewable energy, sustainable transportation, carbon removal and the circular economy.
Every economic movement, every technology revolution is led by the vanguard — individuals who flout the rules to create products, services and business models that blaze a trail to the future. To recognize that pioneering spirit, GreenBiz debuted the VERGE Vanguard feature in 2018.
The second annual VERGE Vanguard feature will honor 20 dreamers, pioneers, entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, business leaders, policymakers and investors on the cutting edge of technology. It will recognize individuals who are:
- inspiring an equitable, inclusive transition to a clean power grid;
- laying the roadmap for a zero-emissions transportation system;
- creating the framework for a more circular economy; and
- enabling communities and companies around the world to draw down levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide.
We're turning to the GreenBiz and VERGE communities to identify the people you think deserve recognition. We're looking to recognize a diverse group. Our list could include:
- the founder of a paradigm-smashing startup;
- a line-of-business manager or strategist within a multinational company who is flouting the status quo;
- a champion within an NGO;
- an elected or appointed official laying the groundwork for innovative policies or a business collaboration transforming an industry; or
- a technologist or scientist who has engineered a breakthrough innovation.
Don't limit your imagination: The examples offered above are not all-inclusive, and we invite your creative suggestions and nominations.
If you know a person who should be honored, please submit your nomination by our July 26 deadline. (Sorry, you cannot nominate yourself.) The winners, to be chosen by the GreenBiz editorial team, will be published as part of a special report in mid-September and publicized during VERGE 19.
If you have questions regarding the nomination process, contact Heather Clancy. Good luck!
Nominations for this report are now closed. Watch for the official report in mid-September.