Accelerate at Bloom 23
See finalists below!
Accelerate at Bloom 23 is a fast-pitch competition featuring entrepreneurs with innovative technologies, products and services to protect and regenerate nature. Selected finalists will pitch from the Bloom main stage to hundreds of thought leaders from businesses, governments and civil society organizations.
"We believe that our future depends on learning how to work better from nature, enabling a truly sustainable bio-based economy.
We do that by combining the incredible performance of proteins with our patented stabilization technology to build better materials. We’re starting by addressing the plastic waste problem, making self-degrading products that can be composted or perfectly recycled." - Intropic Materials
- Global Exposure: Pitch in person at Bloom 23 in San Jose, CA, amplifying you and your solution to hundreds of professionals working to regenerate biodiversity.
- Corporate Connections: Pitch directly to our 100+ member GreenBiz Executive Network during a virtual convening after Bloom.
- Direct Introductions: Receive live feedback from industry experts, giving you direct exposure to investors, corporates and decision-makers with deep experience working with entrepreneurs.
- Networking: Connect with attendees throughout the two-day, in-person event.
- Ongoing Exposure: Beyond the live event, finalists will benefit from broad amplification via GreenBiz.com editorial coverage and published videos of the pitches.
- Funding: The winner of Accelerate at Bloom will pitch with the VERGE Accelerate finalists on the VERGE main stage. The first place will win $20,000* from GreenBiz in the form of a SAFE. The second and third places will each win $10,000.
- July 13 - August 13: Entrepreneurs submit applications, including a one-minute pitch video.
- Mid September: Finalists get announced!
- October 25: Bloom Accelerate will take place on the main stage.
- October 26: The winner will pitch on the VERGE main stage with the VERGE Accelerate finalists for a chance to win $20,000.*
*Only US companies are eligible for funding from GreenBiz. Accelerate winners are determined by the most audience votes in the event app.
Successful applicants must be:
- A startup developing a solution that helps protect, conserve, restore or regenerate ecosystems
- At the Seed to Series A stage of funding
- Incorporated and have a product or service ready for testing or deployment, and at least one full-time employee
- Available to pitch in person at Bloom 23 on October 25, 2023
- Available to pitch in person at VERGE 23 on October 26, 2023 (for the winner only)