are now closed
are now closed
The Wind-up: A unique opportunity for tech entrepreneursVERGE Accelerate is a pitch competition that provides entrepreneurs the opportunity to get in front of the diverse VERGE community: corporate executives from the largest companies in the world, officials from progressive cities, thought leaders and others.
Accelerate is part of VERGE®, GreenBiz Group’s global event series focused on the intersection of technology and sustainability — in particular, the convergence of energy, information, building and transportation technologies, and the opportunities it brings to business, cities, the environment and society.
The Pitch: Exposure to a global audienceSelected companies give a 2.5-minute pitch-style presentation from the main stage of VERGE San Francisco, October 14-17, to an audience of ~600 attendees, including corporate executives, top venture capitalists and fellow tech entrepreneurs. The session is also livestreamed to a global audience and video captured for archive on GreenBiz.com.
In their pitches, companies are asked to answer the following questions:
- What’s the problem you’re solving?
- How are you solving it?
- Why is your product better than what’s currently available?
Selected companies will receive one, complimentary, all access pass to attend VERGE SF.
Window for submitting nominations: August 19 - September 9
Eligibility CriteriaQualifying companies must have the following characteristics:
- Incorporated and have a product ready for testing or deployment.
- Developing technology solutions (commercially applicable products or services) related to energy, buildings, transportation, logistics, cities, water or food.
- Actively looking for capital investment, corporate partnership or a first customer -- can't have raised more than $5M in initial funding.
Selection ProcessA selection committee consisting of cleantech innovation leaders and investors will select the participating companies. Results of the selection process will be announced no later than September 25th, 2013
For more information, contact Shana Rappaport, Director of Engagement for VERGE: [email protected]