Thanks for your interest in nominating a speaker for VERGE 23.
Nominations are now closed.
About VERGE 23
VERGE 23 is the leading climate tech event accelerating solutions to the most pressing challenges of our time. It is the center of gravity for the climate community — leaders from business, government, solution providers and startups — working together to address the climate crisis.
Where and When
October 24-26, 2023 | San Jose Convention Center
VERGE recognizes that the unprecedented challenges we face today present equally unprecedented opportunities to reimagine and redesign our world to be more prosperous, sustainable and resilient. The event is designed to showcase solutions and opportunities they unlock — for people, the planet and for business — through over one hundred sessions across six programs:
- Carbon — Driving the new markets, technologies and products fueling the growth of business opportunities in carbon removal.
- Energy — Decarbonizing, decentralizing and digitizing energy systems to be more resilient, affordable, and accessible.
- Food — Transforming food systems to equitably and efficiently feed a more populous plant while conserving and regenerating the natural world.
- Transport — Accelerating electric, clean and equitable transportation and logistics that reduce emissions and improve lives.
- Buildings — Enabling the transition to smarter, healthier, net-zero buildings, campuses and factories.
- Startups — Supporting entrepreneurs with innovative technologies, products and services across the climate tech landscape.
What We Value
- Fresh and Convergent Content: We aim to elevate the latest trends, innovations and approaches to accelerating climate solutions, and prioritize topics that are systemic and interconnected by nature.
- Creativity and Interactivity: We strive to expand participants' perspectives, catalyze new ways of thinking and facilitate meaningful peer-to-peer learning and interactions.
- Diversity: We are committed to elevating the leadership of speakers with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. This includes maintaining gender parity among speakers and ensuring racial diversity in all programming.
Please keep these commitments in mind and consider your proposed speaker's background when submitting your nomination.
- Panel (60 min): A moderated discussion with no more than four speakers (including the moderator) and ample time to address questions from the audience.
- Interview (60 min): A conversation between a speaker and moderator. This format is a deep dive into a speaker's expertise or research and should include ample time to address questions from the audience.
- Case Study (60 min): A session featuring an impactful and original approach to tackling a tough climate challenge. This is an opportunity to highlight a new initiative or collaboration and spark the imagination of attendees.
- Workshop (60-120 min): A session designed to facilitate small group interactions and generate solutions to a predetermined challenge or opportunity.
- Other (60 min): GreenBiz is committed to experimenting with new formats that break out of traditional panel structure. Let us know what creative ideas you have to best share your story and engage the VERGE community.
Due to the high volume of submissions we receive, GreenBiz will only respond to nominations that we are interested in pursuing and will do so by June 23, 2023. We will encourage you to submit your proposal early, as speaking slots fill up quickly.
To learn more about last year's program, please visit the VERGE 22 event page.