Helle Bank Jorgensen
Helle Bank Jorgensen is the CEO of Competent Boards, which offers the global online ESG Competent Boards Certificate and Designation Program with a faculty of over 100 renowned international board members, executives and experts.
She has a 30-year track record in turning Environment, Social, Governance (ESG), Climate and Sustainability risks into innovative and profitable business opportunities. She has worked with many global Fortune 500 board members and executives, as well as smaller companies and investors.
Besides being a board member, she serves on:
- His Royal Highness Prince of Wales A4S (Accounting for Sustainability) Global Expert Panel;
- The Non-financial Digitisation Working Group of the Impact Management Project (IMP);
- World Economic Forum (WEF) Expert Network for Corporate Governance, Leadership, and Emerging Multinationals;
- The Reuters Panel of Expert Judges for the Responsible Business Awards;
- Canadian Climate Governance Experts - a Commonwealth Climate & Law Initiative.
She has served as the Chair of the European Sustainability Reporting Association (ESRA); the Global Compact Network Canada; Datamaran; and as a member of International IDEA Finance and Audit Committee; The European Policy Centre (EPC) Governing board; the Sustainability Advisory Panel of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and at the Sustainability Policy Group of the Institute of European Accountants (FEE).\
She is a business lawyer and state-authorized public accountant (CPA) by training and designed the world's first Green Account, the first Integrated Report and the first integrated responsible supply chain management system. In 2020 she was awarded the Global Impact Award and named one of "5 people in ESG to look out for".
She is a former PwC audit and advisory partner in Denmark and the US leading Sustainability & Climate Practices.