State of Green Business
Episode 201: Lessons from COP25, listeners share 2019 revelations
Week in Review
Commentary of some of this week's stories begins at 4:02.
- Why the COP25 carbon market discussion failure matters
- US businesses stand by the Paris Agreement at COP25
- How blockchain could help put the Paris Agreement on course, from the bottom up
- Top 10 transportation trends to watch 2020
- A holiday talk about the climate crisis? Yes, please
Your voices: Look back on 2019
- Trisa Thompson, advisor at Plan C Advisors (19:25)
- Keith Heidecom, vice president of sustainability at Locus Agricultural Solutions (20:20)
- Celeste Popitz, Boston University MBA student (21:34)
- Andrew Green, environmental sustainability officer at Capital One (22:50)
- Will Sarni, founder of Water Foundry (23:22)
- Peter Kelly-Detwiler, NorthBridge Energy Partners (24:32)
Have something you want to say about the year ahead? We'll feature more GreenBiz community voices in the first podcast of January 2020, on Jan. 10. The question you should answer: What’s your biggest professional ambition for 2020? If you'd like to submit your thoughts for either, please alert us at [email protected], and we'll send you the recording and submission guidelines.
*Music in this episode by Lee Rosevere: "Arcade Montage," "Curiosity," "Here's The Thing," "And So Then"
What's new at GreenBiz?
Do we have a newsletter for you! We produce five weekly newsletters: GreenBuzz by Executive Editor Joel Makower (Monday), Transport Weekly by Senior Writer and Analyst Katie Fehrenbacher (Tuesday), VERGE Weekly by Executive Director Shana Rappaport and Editorial Director Heather Clancy (Wednesday), Energy Weekly by Senior Energy Analyst Sarah Golden (Thursday) and Circular Weekly by Director and Senior Analyst Lauren Phipps (Friday). You must subscribe to each newsletter in order to receive it. Please visit this page to choose the newsletters you want to receive.
Check out our Center Stage podcast, which features the best of live interviews on sustainable business and clean technology, conducted on stage at GreenBiz and VERGE conferences.
The GreenBiz Intelligence Panel is the survey body we poll regularly throughout the year on key trends and developments in sustainability. To become part of the panel, click here. Enrolling is free and should take two minutes.