Displaying 1 - 25 of 73
From electric buses to micro-mobility to commercial robo-taxis, this year was a big one for transportation.
December 27, 2018 by Katie Fehrenbacher
Because the vast majority of trips by delivery vehicles are within a 100-mile range, electric trucks are an incredibly viable option for delivering holiday packages.
December 21, 2018 by Mike Roeth
The key to unlocking the hidden benefits of electric fleet trucks and buses lies in the quiet nature of battery-powered vehicles.
December 18, 2018 by Ada Statler
Advocates of the regulation are calling it 'historic' and a rule that could help accelerate the electrification of heavy duty vehicle fleets.
December 14, 2018 by Katie Fehrenbacher
A new UN charter seeks to accelerate commitments on circular production, low-carbon transport, improved consumer awareness and other issues.
December 14, 2018 by Madeleine Cuff
Heavy-duty machinery use is on the rise due to cheap oil — government regulations and companies can be the levers for behavior change.
December 13, 2018 by Scott L. Montgomery
As transportation and energy landscapes change, switching to electric vehicles could save the US billions — but timing is everything.
December 11, 2018 by Todd Davidson
Lessons learned from manufacturing and selling the pioneering, extended-range hybrid no doubt will inform GM's electric future.
December 6, 2018 by Katie Fehrenbacher
Cities that predict potholes, robo-taxis in Vegas, shared micro-mobility options and an EV charging buildout? What we heard backstage at VERGE 18.
November 30, 2018 by Katie Fehrenbacher
Also in this episode, digging into sustainable agriculture and what's in store at the upcoming Sustainable Innovation Forum, being held alongside COP24 in Poland.
November 30, 2018 by Heather Clancy
Major transportation players such as Uber are already investing in the up-and-coming sector.
November 27, 2018 by Mike Bromfield
Carbon storage is a cost-effective climate strategy for policymakers and landowners.
November 15, 2018 by Aman Chitkara
Fighting atmospheric emissions requires CCS and CO2 removal — at scale.
November 10, 2018 by Hal Harvey
Long vehicle design cycles and mandates beyond the U.S. border will continue to fuel progress.
November 6, 2018 by Raquel Soat
The ridehailing giant has met regulatory barriers in some cities. Can converting its cars to EVs push past them?
November 2, 2018 by Katie Fehrenbacher
Plus, we chat about innovation at biotech company Novozymes and ridesharing pioneer Lyft.
October 26, 2018 by Heather Clancy
Tesla CEO Elon Musk's prediction comes true and it's a milestone for the company and the electric vehicle industry.
October 25, 2018 by Katie Fehrenbacher
The eighth year of the VERGE conference shows how far we've come — and how far we have yet to go.
October 24, 2018 by Holly Secon
A heightened focus on solutions for sucking CO2 out of the atmosphere.
October 23, 2018 by Heather Clancy
Plus, two unique examples of corporate innovation in renewable electricity procurement.
October 19, 2018 by Heather Clancy
Companies like AT&T, McDonald’s and Con Edison turn to grad students and tech innovation to lead on sustainability.
October 15, 2018 by Daniel Hill
Commercial fleets are making the transition to a clean energy future and fleet electrification is leading the way. This shift is driven by various factors,
October 10, 2018 by Taylor Flores
Carmaker plans for 95 percent of its cars to be hybrid by 2030, with remaining 5 percent battery electric.
October 8, 2018 by Madeleine Cuff
Electrify America's new $200 million in funding will include charging for bus depots, ride-hailing services and disadvantaged communities.
October 3, 2018 by Katie Fehrenbacher
New technological trends are disrupting transportation. Here are all the ways that user behavior is going to change.
October 2, 2018 by Ronald T. Milam