Achieving Decarbonization with Power Purchase Agreements
Date/Time: July 13, 2021 (1-2PM ET / 10-11AM PT)
As the need for climate action grows, decarbonization is becoming a major goal for more organizations. Procuring clean energy is a crucial strategy in this effort.
Yet the most common tool for corporate procurements, power purchase agreements (PPAs), is complex. Corporations and organizations often do not know how to efficiently conduct the selection process or how to maximize the economic performance of an operating project.
This webinar features four experts in sustainability and renewable energy discussing important aspects of decarbonization through power purchase agreements, including:
- Why power purchase agreements and virtual power purchase agreements (VPPAs) are powerful tools to reduce Scope 2 emissions
- How Toyota navigated its VPPA selection to meet its sustainability goals while optimizing financials
- Best practices in solicitation, including incorporating ESG factors to ensure a project that properly fits all your needs
- Sarah Golden, Senior Energy Analyst & VERGE Energy Chair, GreenBiz Group
- Sean Perry, Director, Wholesale Energy Procurement, Enel X
- Andrew Thomas, VP, Renewable Energy Advisory, Enel X
- Sarah Mihalecz, Senior Director, Education & Engagement, REBA
- David Absher, Senior Manager, Environmental Sustainability, Toyota Motor North America
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.