Beyond Corporate Net Zero: Investment & Innovation to Accelerate the Global Transition
Date/Time: October 20, 2022 (1-2PM ET / 10-11AM PT)
Companies are stepping up to establish science-aligned net zero commitments. Yet it is increasingly clear that to fully meet the moment of the climate crisis, companies must look beyond their ‘four walls’ to ensure that they are maximizing contributions to our ultimate goal: global net zero. Leaders in the private sector are thinking about how to leverage their creativity, ambition, and capital to speed the clean energy transition and protect nature - both within and beyond their value chains. But while the concept of ‘beyond value chain mitigation’ is gaining traction in corporate sustainability, paths to maximize climate impact remain murky. This webcast will focus on two key levers for companies to contribute to global net zero: technological innovation and climate finance through carbon markets.
Topics will include:
- How leading companies are approaching beyond value chain mitigation strategies and building the business case
- Tips for navigating quality and maximizing impact in the voluntary carbon market
- Key opportunities for corporate support of climate innovation
- John Davies, Senior Vice President & Analyst, GreenBiz Group
- Elizabeth Sturcken, Managing Director, EDF+Business
- Alexia Kelly, Director, High Tide Foundation
- Kelley Kizzier, Fellow, Bezos Earth Fund
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the webcast recording and resources, available to you on-demand after the live webcast.