Coronavirus and the Clean Economy
April 30, 2020 - 2:30 pm EST
How has the pandemic and resulting economic meltdown affected markets for renewable energy, clean transportation, sustainable food systems and the circular economy? How and how much have their development and deployment been hampered? It’s a mixed bag, with some technologies suffering and others continuing their relentless growth.
Join the four GreenBiz analysts covering these dynamic markets as they assess the state of play, and what to expect in the coming months. Among the things you’ll learn:
- How the record-low price of oil is impacting markets for EVs and clean-energy solutions as well as recycled plastics
- How the virtual shutdown of foodservice operations and restaurants is changing consumption patterns and disrupting food waste programs
- How the economic downturn is impacting venture investments in clean technologies
- How volatile energy markets will impact the uptake of clean energy and transform corporate procurement options
- How recycling and materials recovery systems are shifting due to health concerns
- The changing dynamics of reusables in the age of contagion
Join us for this informative, hour-long webcast about your profession as GreenBiz Executive Editor Joel Makower moderates a dynamic conversation with GreenBiz analysts Katie Fehrenbacher, Jim Giles, Sarah Golden and Lauren Phipps.
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.
- Joel Makower, Executive Editor, GreenBiz Group
- Katie Fehrenbacher, Senior Writer and Chair, VERGE Transport
- Sarah Golden, Senior Energy Analyst and Chair, VERGE Energy
- Jim Giles, Senior Analyst and Chair, VERGE Food
- Lauren Phipps, Senior Analyst and Chair, Circularity and VERGE Circular