How Businesses Can Overcome Barriers to Achieving Climate Goals
Join us and discover the findings of research conducted by NRG Energy and GreenBiz Group, examining key plans and actions businesses are taking to address climate change.
The research represents responses from hundreds of business executives and thought leaders, revealing that many are taking the right steps to reach their goals. A range of factors, however, threatens to disrupt progress including a lack of attention to risk, developing consistent resilience and financial disclosures such as those recommended by the TCFD, and a general need for greater expertise.
In this one-hour webcast, GreenBiz Vice President and Senior Analyst John Davies will lead a wide-ranging discussion, showing you how:
- Risk management and sustainability efforts converge as climate change disrupts businesses and challenges green goals
- New reporting standards gain traction with demands for greater transparency
- Existing standards like those of the TCFD have been addressed by companies like yours
- Scenario analysis becomes the preferred approach to set science-based targets
- Collaborations with energy service companies help achieve emissions reductions
- John Davies, Vice President & Senior Analyst, GreenBiz Group
- Greg Kandankulam, Senior Manager, Sustainability, NRG Energy
- Edwin Anderson, Partner, Oliver Wyman
- Emily Bosland, Director, ESG Reporting & Engagement, Verizon
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.