How to Ensure High Integrity When Purchasing Carbon Credits
Date/Time: January 27, 2022 (1-2PM ET / 10-11AM PT)
For companies looking to neutralize their residual emissions with carbon credits, the voluntary carbon marketplace offers a range of options. But how do you choose a program that will deliver a meaningful carbon impact and bring value to your brand?
Join GreenBiz and national conservation organization, the American Forest Foundation (AFF), for a discussion on advancing integrity in forest carbon credits. Learn what carbon project developers are doing to improve credit quality and hear from a buyer with experience choosing partnerships that uphold the standards of their brand.
This webinar will cover:
- Trends in carbon credit quality in the broader marketplace
- The characteristics of a high integrity carbon program
- Why companies are opting for these programs over low-quality transactions
- A new option for companies looking for high integrity carbon credits: the Family Forest Carbon Program. A partnership between AFF and The Nature Conservancy, the program has developed a revolutionary new carbon accounting methodology through Verra’s Verified Carbon Standard that advances credibility and transparency.
- Jim Giles, Vice President, Net Zero, GreenBiz Group
- Nathan Truitt, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, American Forest Foundation
- Campbell Moore, Senior Carbon Advisor, Global Carbon Markets Team, The Nature Conservancy
- Beth Wytiaz, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Climate Strategy Executive, Bank of America
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the webcast recording and resources, available to you on-demand after the live webcast.