How the Produce Industry Built Resilience During Changing Times
Date/Time: November 10, 2020 (1-2PM ET / 10-11AM PT)
The produce industry has long been building resiliency through sustainability strategies. Hear from members of the industry including Jeff Scott from Kwik Lok, Anabella De Freeman from Walmart and Mike Thomsen from Second Harvest Food Bank as they describe how the produce industry’s integration of sustainable practices have made their organizations more resilient – especially in times of great change like the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this webcast, you will learn about:
- How sustainability and corporate responsibility strategies have strengthened the produce industry during times of dramatic change
- How organizations balance food safety and security to help minimize food waste
- How COVID-19 is impacting the food safety and security model
- How changes in the produce packaging industry are impacting sustainability efforts
- Jim Giles, Food & Carbon Analyst, GreenBiz
- Ron Cardey, Senior Vice President, Customer Engagement, Kwik Lok
- Anabella de Freeman, Senior Manager, Sustainability Strategic Initiatives, Walmart
- Mike Thomsen, Vice President, Food Sourcing, Second Harvest Food Bank
- Ed Treacy, Vice President, Supply Chain & Sustainability, Produce Marketing Association
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.