How Virtual Twins Accelerate Sustainable Operations and Circular Ambitions
Date/Time: February 23, 2021 (11AM-12PM ET / 8-9AM PT)
The environmental degradation inherent in the current global models of production and consumption have reached critical levels. To address this crisis, we need to radically transform these systems. One tool to enable this shift in manufacturing and operations is the virtual twin, a real-time virtual representation of a product, platform or ecosystem that can be used to model, visualize, predict and provide feedback on properties and performance.
A $5.4 billion industry, virtual twin technologies are an untapped opportunity to reduce product development cycles, improve manufacturing quality control, increase resource recovery across a product’s lifecycle and accelerate progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Virtual twins are used to model complex systems, from a production line to cities to human hearts, and simulate their functioning with an accuracy that allows the user to go directly from a virtual model to creation, without spending the years it normally takes to prototype and incrementally improve on existing set-ups. It is also the case for the world of manufacturing and operations. They allow users to design, test and model disruptive value networks and manufacturing processes in record time — and they have been an underutilized accelerator for sustainability.
Join us on February 23 for this live webinar to hear from experts on the potential of virtual twin technology to enable more sustainable operations and the transition towards a more circular economy. You'll also learn:
- How virtual twins can help overcome barriers to achieving sustainability and circular economy goals.
- The economic and environmental benefits of adopting virtual twins in operations.
- Technology use cases and industry applications of virtual twins in manufacturing, supply chain optimization for waste valorization, the recovery of parts and materials for decommissioned assets and more.
- Lauren Phipps, Circular Economy Analyst, GreenBiz Group
- Lauren Ing, Director, Strategy, Accenture
- Alice Steenland, CSO, Dassault Systèmes
- Lucas Florez, Sustainability Industry Process Expert, Dassault Systèmes
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.