The Path to Sustainable Forestry
Date/Time: June 3, 2021 (1-2PM ET / 10-11AM PT)
The forest industry is embracing more sustainable practices that protect people, biodiversity and our climate – and many companies have set goals to source from more sustainable forests. The challenge? Only 20% of the world’s working forests are currently certified by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®). This webcast will cover the importance of sustainable forestry and how companies across the pulp and lumber industries are using their influence to increase the demand and supply of FSC-certified forest products.
Among the topics:
- How to achieve sustainability goals when issues of supply are outside of your direct control
- Best practices for communicating the importance of certification schemes to suppliers
- Tips for educating and inspiring consumers to choose responsibly sourced items
- How to meaningfully contribute to NGO partnerships and collaborations that can drive continued progress
- Heather Clancy, Vice President & Editorial Director, GreenBiz Group
- Lois Forde-Kohler, Family Care Sustainability Director, Procter & Gamble
- Ron Jarvis, Chief Sustainability Officer, The Home Depot
- Chris McLaren, Chief Marketing & Market Development Officer, Forest Stewardship Council US
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.