The Road to Powering Amazon on 100% Renewable Energy
Date/Time: April 29, 2021 (1-2PM ET / 10-11AM PT)
Amazon has been investing in sustainability for many years. Back in 2014, Amazon started making major investments in renewable energy. They are on a path to running 100% of their business on renewable energy by 2025 — five years ahead of the original target of 2030. This is one of the many actions Amazon is taking as part of The Climate Pledge, a commitment to be net-zero carbon by 2040, 10 years ahead of the Paris Agreement. How will the company get there five years ahead of its original target of 2030? How is the company thinking about buying renewable energy and turning on projects during a pandemic? Join us for a panel with Amazon’s team of experts and partners to uncover how you can apply these learnings to your business and sustainability strategy.
- Heather Clancy, Editorial Director, GreenBiz Group
- Chris Roe, Renewable Energy & Sustainable Operations Lead, Amazon
- Daniela Fitzpatrick, Energy Procurement Manager, Amazon Web Services
- Miranda Ballentine, CEO, Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA)
- Alana Kühne, Head of CE PPAs & Merchant Products, Ørsted
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.