SDG Ambition: Scaling Business Impact for the Decade of Action
Now more than ever, companies everywhere must unite in the business of a more resilient, sustainable world. Despite progress made in many areas, we are not on track to deliver on the SDGs by 2030. In fact, the United Nations Global Compact Progress Report 2020 reveals only 39 per cent of companies surveyed believe they have targets that are sufficiently ambitious to meet the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. Less than a third consider their industry to be moving fast enough to deliver priority SDGs. While 84 per cent of companies surveyed are taking action on SDGs, only 46 per cent are embedding them into their core business and only 37 per cent are designing business models that contribute to the SDGs.
The need for increased business ambition is clear but how do companies get started? How do they set ambitious benchmarks in the areas that will have the greatest business impact on the SDGs and accelerate integration of sustainable development into enterprise management processes and systems? In this webcast:
- Learn how to prioritize opportunities for SDG impact through core business activities – operations, products & services, and value chain
- Learn about best practice business benchmarks to gauge whether corporate activities are aiming at the necessary level of ambition to deliver on the SDGs
- Hear how companies can set goals - or level-set existing goals - in line with what is required to achieve the SDGs and about the processes and tools required to meet them
- Learn about SDG Ambition, a new accelerator initiative, in partnership with SAP and Accenture that aims to empower and equip companies to set ambitious corporate targets aligned with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and accelerate integration into core business management
- John Davies, Vice President & Senior Analyst, GreenBiz Group
- Sue Allchurch, Chief, Outreach & Engagement, UN Global Compact
- Michael D. Hughes, Manager, Sustainability & Responsible Business, Accenture
Ann Rosenberg, Senior Vice President, UN Partnerships and Sustainability, SAP
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.