The State of Climate Tech Funding
Date/Time: September 14, 2022 (1-2PM ET / 10-11AM PT)
Innovation and startups have a critical role to play in creating the climate future we want, especially in the face of lagging policies and yet-to-be-realized market demand. While fears of a recession in the U.S. and mass layoffs are driving down startup valuations and freezing hiring, climate startup funding deals are at least on track with last year, with more funding reserves to sustain the current downturn. Pitchbook reported in June that climate tech is the third most disruptive industry over the next five to 10 years. What is the current state of climate tech funding, and what does this mean for the state of startups and investors over the next 12-18 months?
Topics will include:
- How investors are deploying capital
- Ways startups can design a resilient fundraising strategy
- Methods for startups to plan for long-term success in times of volatility
- Sherrie Totoki, Director of Startup Programs, GreenBiz Group
- Leah Garden, Climate Tech Reporter, GreenBiz Group
- Catherine Von Burg, CEO & President, SimpliPhi Power
- Saloni Multani, Co-Head, Innovation & Expansion, Galvanize
If you aren’t able to tune in live, you can register to access the archived webcast footage and resources after the webcast.