Supercharging Electric Vehicle Fleets
By some estimates, the transportation sector contributes to 18% of global greenhouse gas emissions – and growing. At the same time, cities are taking action to address congestion and air pollution, in an effort to improve air quality and overall public health. To address these interconnected issues, the Smart Electric Urban Logistics (SEUL) project, a UPS-led consortium, deployed game-changing technology that enables simultaneous recharging of electric fleets.
In this hour-long webcast, GreenBiz Group chairman and executive editor Joel Makower will lead a discussion among UPS, Cross River Partnership and UK Power Networks Services to share details about how this collaboration is signaling a new generation of sustainable urban delivery services in London and in other cities around the world.
Among the things you'll learn:
- Practical solutions to overcoming barriers to fleet electrification.
- Insights from testing smart-grid and energy storage systems in a real-world operation.
- How to make the business case for investing in and testing new technologies.
- Joel Makower, Chairman and Executive Editor, GreenBiz Group
- Peter Harris, Director, International Sustainability, UPS
- Tom Linton-Smith, Project Manager, Cross River Partnership
- Rachel Stanley, Senior Technology and Innovation Consultant, UK Power Networks Services
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and slides, available to you on-demand after the webcast.