Why Circularity is a Key to Sustainable Mobility
Date/Time: December 16, 2021 (1-2PM ET / 10-11AM PT)
The BMW Group is a leading premium car manufacturer with a clear path towards sustainable mobility. But what does that mean? Is the electrification of its vehicles the only thing that matters to achieve this goal? The company says that sustainable mobility is more than just emission-free: Circular economy is the way to go, to rethink operation, reduce primary materials, reuse fabrics, and recycle leftovers. With good partners on this way towards a real sustainable automaker, the BMW Group is cooperating with BASF, the German chemical company on various of these action fields. Both have achieved significant results already.
In this conversation you’ll learn how the company is addressing such critical issues as:
- Sourcing of critical materials
- Circularity as strategic approach
- Joel Makower, Chairman & Co-founder, GreenBiz Group
- Alissa Kendall, Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, UC Davis
- Thomas Becker, Vice President, Sustainability, Mobility, BMW Group
- Christoph Jaekel, Head of Corporate Sustainability, BASF
If you can't tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the webcast recording and resources, available to you on-demand after the live webcast.